Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ready to celebrate poem

2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 8


Looking forward to

One semester till the first 8th grade graduation
Sweet 16’s on the horizon
Cars and graduating high school
College
Marriage?
Grandchildren
Hope the celebrations never end



Special Evening

Butterflies in my stomach
Anticipation in my fingertips
Watching the long minutes
Slowly tick the hours by
My mind is racing
I laid out my dress
My jewelry and shoes
Prepped my smaller purse
One thing not worked out
As I mentally see styles of my hair
Maybe I should not wear mascara
What if I cry
Remembering what led to this
Happy tears could downpour
and run
Did I check my stockings
After a while my head swims
While the room spins
Everyone is happy and dancing
Getting tired
My feet will ache
I won’t want the night to end
But first
I must finish the work on my desk
1 hour till I leave
4 hours till I arrive

No comments:

Post a Comment